Fundamentals of Yoga Handbalancing: Online Workshop
FREE WHEN YOU SIGN UP TO MY MAILING LIST
Filmed at a recent workshop, in this video I teach the fundamentals for tackling many of the most popular hand balancing poses we commonly encounter in yoga classes.
Key specifics that are covered include:
- Mobilisation of wrists and shoulders
- How to set up the hands to best to support the weight of the body
- How to create strength and stability in the shoulders
- How to create core / bandha engagement
I then break down the techniques, progressions and drills for the below specific poses:
- Vasisthasana (and other Side Plank Variations)
- Bakasana (Crow - including one leg variation)
- Lolasana (Tuck Planche)
- Side Crow
- Eka Pada Koundinyasana I
- Eka Pada Koundinyasana II
- Eka Pada Galavasana
- Eka Hasta Bhujasana
The workshop is suitable for all levels of experience - from those newer to yoga hand balancing, to those who wish to refine their technique in these poses in order to progress further.
It is also ideal for newer teachers who are looking for guidance on how to safely introduce these challenging but fun poses into their own classes.